OCEANMASTER® LIFE RAFTS
Commercial survey approved – Australian Sailing compliant - Premium blue water life rafts manufactured & certified to ISO 9650-1 specification
Great Circle Oceanmaster® Life Rafts are designed for extended offshore commercial and recreational boating and they meet or exceed the highest specifications set down by Australian marine authorities, International Organisation for Standardisation and boating associations. They feature premium components, top quality craftsmanship and meticulous quality control. If the worst should happen, in the most demanding of sea conditions, you can be confident that your Great Circle Oceanmaster® Life Raft is designed and equipped to help save your life.
- ISO 9001:2000 – Quality assured life raft manufacturing facility
- ISO 9650 – International life raft design and quality certification
- Australian Sailing / Yachting New Zealand & ISAF compliant
- NSCV (USL Survey) approved
- Double, fail safe buoyancy tubes and auto-inflatable arch/canopy support system formed from neoprene/polybutadiene rubber (not PVC)
- Rip stop woven waterproof nylon canopy (not PVC)
- CO2/N2 inflation system features premium quality gas cylinder(s) and firing mechanism. Designed to inflate correctly at an ambient air temperature of between -15º and 65º C.
- Insulated floor of aluminium composite cellular foam and butyl rubber guards against hypothermia and improves comfort
- High visibility orange colour on underside of hull, canopy and stability bags greatly assists Search and Rescue.
- High capacity & weighted stability bags
- Manually deployed, heavy duty drogue (sea anchor) with minimum 30 metres of line and anti-foul swivel.
- Semi-rigid boarding platform and support handle features high visibility colour with interior assist bridle.
- Extra-large entrance for easy boarding. Entrance closure(s) feature heavy duty dual zippers with ventilation tie-backs.
- Uni-directional retro/radar reflective segment across arch
- Rainwater catchment system with sealable storage pouch inside
- Viewing port and vent
- Heavy duty righting life raft righting system
- Easily accessed buoyancy tube topping up valves.
- Full circumference exterior lifeline and interior grab-lines.
- SOLAS standard exterior LED locator light and LED interior light with individual switches.
- Retro-reflective tape segments on underside of hull and on canopy.
- Minimum 10 metres painter line
- Choice of emergency equipment pack, featuring premium quality components
- Choice of top-quality fibreglass canister or urethane valise carry pack (four, six, eight & ten person life raft)
- Vacuum packed for greater environmental protection and prolonged service intervals.
Great Circle throw-overboard life rafts are stored in containers or soft valise carry cases and inflate in the water when their painter line is pulled.
Specifications may change as Great Circle endeavours to produce the finest life-saving equipment through continual advancement of our products.
Great Circle Equipment Packs:
ISO Under 24 Hour Pack meets standard ISO 9650 where survivor rescue is expected in less than 24 hours. Compliant to YA Racing Rules of Sailing, 2013 - 2016. Contains essential equipment for the proper functioning of the life raft but with limited personal supplies - reduced drinking water and no food rations for example. reduced pack weight is a significant advantage to weight conscious racing sailboats and to those mariners who prefer limited perishable items (things that have a dated service life - food and water rations, first aid supplies, flares etc.) aboard their raft. An emergency abandon ship grab bag with additional survival items is strongly recommended.
ISO Over 24 Hour Pack Meets ISO 9650 Where survivor rescue may be longer than 24 hours. Contains equipment required by all State Marine Authorities for commercial vessels operating under survey requirements and where 'Notice of Race' under Yachting Australia, Racing Rules of Sailing, 2013 - 2016, requires additional survivor equipment. It is also the optimum pack for unregulated recreational and blue water mariners.
Voyager Pack Idewally provisioned pack for blue water and long distance cruising. Additional drinking water, food rations and other items compliments components found in the Under 24hr Pack. It offers appropriate supplies and equipment for longer term survival without excessive package weight. Compliant to YA Racing Rules of Sailing 2013 - 2016.